I’m on a Gary Vaynerchuk kick lately! The guy is good. He grew his online wine business to $60 million dollars using social media. If you know me, you know I am not a numbers gal, but 60 million is a ton of ka-ching!
If you want, watch the interview.
Here are my notes…
- Social media is not “black magic”!
- Customer service is the new marketing.
- Pay it forward with good content.
- Social networking is about relationships.
- Everything you do is about marketing.
- You need to evolve, social media is not going away.
- You need to adopt, don’t be scared, just do it.
- Social media is not about you, it’s about nurturing your customers.
- Consumers know when they are being “pitched”.
- World changing event = 1995 ~ the internet!
- Debate = collection vs. connection (it’s not just about having 10,000 Facebook fans, or 30,000 Twitter followers, it’s about connecting with them).
- You need to “marry” your customers (the marriage doesn’t end after the ceremony = once you have your customer, you need to nurture the relationship).
- The science of customer acquisition (computer geeks knowing our buying habits).
- The battlefield is retention. Retention is the ultimate goal.
- What is the lifetime value of your customer?
- The only way to retain your customers is by being human.
- If you handle social media poorly, it may result in the loss of customers.
- You need to respond and engage.
- The world we live in is based on word of mouth.
- Social media is “WORD OF MOUTH ON STEROIDS”!
- Endorsements matters; people trust the opinion of their friends.
- Culture shift = less talking and more listening!
- Why would you hire a 22 year old to handle your social media? What business experience do they have? What kind of customer service experience do they have?
What do you think? Is the Gary right?