Have you claimed your Facebook Username (unique Facebook URL) yet, or does your URL still have 15 numbers in it? For example, my favorite local bakery, The Vagabond Bakery, still has not chosen a unique Username for their Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vagabond-Bakery/116534888436714). Hopefully in exchange for this tip I can obtain a free scone from Rick, the head baker!
By having a unique Page Username, you can easily direct someone to your Facebook Page URL without having to include the numbers at the end.
If you don’t have a Page Username that’s okay, I will share with you how to simply create your own unique Facebook URL by following these easy steps:
- Go to your Facebook Page.
- Click on “Edit Page” and “Update Info”
- On the “Basic Information Page” next to “Username” click on “Change Username”
- Enter your desired Username
- Click on “Check Availability”
- If the Username is available, click “Confirm” to approve your choice.
- Shorter is better. The Username must be at least 5 characters long.
- Usernames can only contain letters or numbers (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- You can capitalize the letters (i.e. https://www.facebook.com/VagabondBakery); however your fans can still find your Page if they do not capitalize the letters (in the preceding example, the “V” and the “B”)
- After you set your username, you may only change it once, so choose wisely.
- Your username should be as close as possible to the name of your business your Page represents
If you have questions on how to create your Facebook Username for your Facebook page, contact me, Shelly at Woo! Social Media Marketing. I am happy to help!